I realized I come off really badly in my past posts, if you read them, I apologize, I've just been getting some stuff off my chest.
They weren't very original and that's something I care about; Originality. Imagine living your life mirroring everybody, never thinking of an original thought, going through life quoting some body else. I think there are two types of people in life; those who quote others, and those who say quotable things.
In my fifteen years on this planet, I may have never thought of something Completely Original. Think about it, there have been something like 107 Billion people that have ever existed. Early on it was pretty simple to think of something new, spears, fire, paintings, then wheels, music, writing, cameras, clothes, leaders, etc... But now every thought you have, somebody's probably thought of something similar. That's why I like Bukowski so much, he was original.
I'm waiting for my Eureka moment, the moment when I think of something new, something 107 billion people never thought of, imagine how amazing that would be, complete originality, not a shadow of something some one else thought, not some spin off an old idea, something completely new. I think when I think of it, the thought will be more solid than the rest, brighter than anything I could imagine, I just hope that day comes soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment